Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Honey Nut Cocoa Krispy Treats

I happened to stumble upon another blog about cupcakes yesterday (Cupcake Project). I liked the pictures, lol, so I ran through the blog and read around. While there, I found a recipe for what she called 'Honey Nutella Rice Krispie Treats'... She used honey and Nutella instead of the typical butter and marshmallows. I was immediately in love with this idea and decided I had to try it for myself... with a few tweaks, of course. So I set out to make some honey nut krispy treats. 

The Ingredients:
4 heaping Tbsp of creamy peanut butter
1/2C of honey
4C of Cocoa Krispies

The Directions:
1. Put peanut butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Put the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds, take it out and stir.
3. Put it in for another 30 seconds.
4. Stir to mix. The honey and peanut butter should meld together nicely.
5. Add your rice crispies 1C at a time.
6. Pour into a greased (or non-stick) 8x8 pan and pack down.
7. Put in the fridge for at least an hour or more.
8. Enjoy!

Dustin and I shared a square last night after about an hour and half in the fridge (more like I ate and Dustin tasted). I thought they were very yummy! Definitely an awesome alternative to the regular old, tried and true Rice Krispy Treats. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment