Friday, March 11, 2011

Seafood Gumbo


I think my brain has been stuck on seafood recently... I was so inclined to make seafood gumbo for dinner last night that I looked all over the internet for bunches and bunches of recipes. I scanned through them all and found the common ingredients and went with that... with my own spin, of course. The one I made ended up containing okra, white onion, green bell pepper, tomato, chicken broth, shrimp, crab, turkey sausage, Zattarain's Gumbo base, and some Sriracha. I served it over some brown rice. It was DELICIOUS! Dustin and I both had seconds! lol The best part? The amount that I made allowed us a nice size first serving, a good size helping of seconds, and still enough left over for another dinner for us both and lunch for him one day. =0 Isn't that a ton?! It ended up costing more than we thought it would, but I accidently bought extra ingredients so that probably contributed to the higher price as well. So, was it worth making again? Yes. Will I soon? No. lol. Why not? you ask... Well, we both ate a lot! So I think we'll be sated for this food for some time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment