Friday, March 18, 2011

"Event" planner

I've been super busy this week working to help plan an associate appreciation event at work. Due to the short amount of time we had to put it together, I've been pretty scatterbrained. We put together quite the affair (mostly my ideas, if I may brag) and then were told upon submitting it for approval to disperse the funds, that most things we'd planned we're not allowed to do... Couldn't someone have told us this beforehand???!!!! Anyhow, we (I) changed plans and took some things out, put different ones in and it still sounded like a pretty good time. Then we were told we probably didn't have time to order all of the items. :sigh:  I did my best not to be defeated and yet again changed the plans. Now it's not so much a grand affair as it is just catering and presents/prizes... no more taco man, no more folkloricos, no more limbo, no more ring toss, no more relay, no more, no more. =(  BUT, we (I) still managed to find some (what we think are) awesome things to make goodie bags for all of the associates, we found a caterer who we could book on short notice, and we'll still have have a raffle and prizes. Not nearly what we'd planned nor as fun or team-building but nonetheless we were able to show appreciation for all of the people here and hopefully they feel loved by the company afterwards. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment