Monday, February 28, 2011

Chocolate Cake

I had an inkling for a chocolate cake with funfetti frosting on Thursday night so I went to the store and bought the ingredients. Then I realized I wouldn't be able to make a nice, pretty layer cake if I used the funfetti frosting. I considered swapping it out for a non-lumpy one (lol), but decided that was the frosting that would *make* the cake. So I couldn't bring myself to change it. I also gave it a once over in my head to make it a 2-layer cake and put fresh sliced bananas in the middle, but decided against that too. In the end, I made a simple 9x13 chocolate cake with funfetti frosting. I had once slice (and so did Dustin), then took it to work for my co-workers on Friday. I managed to have people come to me for all but 4 slices, so I put them in the kitchen with a sign on them, went back 5 minutes later, and they were gone. So now, it'll be on to my next cake idea or craving, haha.
I have found that I am very interested in the possibility of doing photography, so I worked on that a bit this weekend. I think I have an eye for it, but would feel much better if I had an actual photographer look at the photos I took and critique them. I don't personally know any photographers, so that part will have to wait. In the mean time, I will keep practicing and perhaps I will get better on my own. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment