Monday, February 14, 2011

Party Success

So, the weekend is over and the parties have come and gone.
My sister's party for my niece was on Saturday and it was good. We went to the park and the kids all got to play on the playground near the tables.
The Deployment party thrown by my husband and I was a success!... I think. ;) Everyone who said they were coming showed up, we had enough food for everyone, and I didn't get bored... so I think that means it was ok. =) We all got to meet my younger brother's girlfriend's parents and they were SO nice. We all really liked them. We surprised my brother with a pinata of an ARMY guy and the nieces and he had a good time smacking away at it with a bat! lol  We themed the entire party red, white, and blue so as to stay with the patriotic theme, but not make it so ARMY-esque. We did red, white, and blue tablecloths, silverware, streamers, balloons, everything! We even offered the guests to wear red, white, and/or blue. We also had mini American flags around the picnic area in the ground. All my brother requested for the cupcake flavoring was that they have strawberry something about them, so I chose to make Strawberry Margarita cupcakes [(pictured above) - with alcohol in the cake mix and the frosting] and some chocolate cupcakes with blue vanilla frosting. My brother liked the strawberry cupcakes so much, he took home all the leftovers. haha  All of the leftover chocolate cupcakes went to a group of younger kids playing basketball nearby (so as not to waste good food! ;) )
Today, coming off the busy-ness of the weekend is a bit ehh. I need some relaxing time tonight. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment