Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Ruby!

Today is the birthday party for my boss' niece Ruby. I took the cake in to work yesterday for pickup and everyone wanted to see it, lol. I think it turned out very well for my first cake (aside from the massive belly cake I did before). Everyone who saw it couldn't stop saying how cute they thought it was and it made me proud to be able to say I made it. This cake has definitely given me the confidence to know that I can not only make cute and great tasting cupcakes, but I can do cakes as well. I do love baking and decorating cupcakes, not to mention the easy clean-up once served. However, I found out Thursday night that I really enjoyed decorating this cake more. It was like a blank canvas with the frosting on before I started piping. So as I added, I felt like an artist, taking great care with each little flower I put on it. Then to get halfway around the cake and really see it coming together was such a great feeling. Before this cake, I also thought that I couldn't write on cakes, but (if I do say so myself) the 'Happy Birthday' turned out fabulous! As did Ruby's name on the side.
I did receive another cupcake order for a different co-worker's son's class in mid-March. It'd be nice to get another cake order soon, but I'm just happy to be getting orders so I definitely won't complain. On to a relaxing three-day weekend! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment