Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Maiden Post

After all this thought having gone into ideas of what creations to bake, I thought maybe I should start writing them down somewhere and perhaps share my trials and fun! This may be my first time blogging, but not my first time baking. I started making cakes for co-worker's birthdays and got to the point where I was being asked to make them every time. I had to retire from my birthday cake post and move on to new ventures. Since then I made one more cake and decided I should start having fun with my baking! My next adventure was cupcakes. I made some hippo cupcakes for a work potluck and they were quite the hit. Next I made some 'Ants on a Picnic' cupcakes for a July 4th party and again.. a hit! I'd found my creative outlet! I hadn't made anything in a while when a friend's due date was coming soon. I planned a surprise shower for her at our work for which I made a 'Belly' cake. That was my greatest venture thus far and that day I proved to myself I really could do it. Since then, my mind has been working to find new things to create and ways to celebrate. I also got my very first order! Then another! (from the same person, but who has to know?) I made two dozen hippo cupcakes - delivered today... and will be making two dozen Hello Kitty cupcakes to be delivered this Friday. I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment