Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stacking

I managed to get all of the cake baked and stacked last night AND I got the bottom layer of frosting on it. I'm so happy with how much I got done last night because it just gives me more time to do the piping tonight. I'm also going to be making a crown out of candy melts to be placed on top of the top tier of the cake and I'm pretty excited about that. =) I was surprised by how quickly things went once I started stacking and I learned that two springform pans the same size is super awesome! Since I can then cook both cakes at the same time.
There's a volunteer bake sale this Friday at work (oh wow, that's tomorrow!) that I was considering participating in... but since I have this order due tomorrow, I definitely don't want to rush this. I decided I'd rather take my time on the cake and the piping/decorations for it instead of making some other goodies to be sold at work. I would like to make something interesting or exciting soon though! I'm thinking perhaps some apple cupcakes? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment